adopt a pet?
Find out how to adopt a pet quick & easy
How do I adopt a pet?
The first step is to submit a pre-adoption application. We will review the application and upon approval contact you to arrange a meeting with your prospective pet. If you are a good match, we will ask you to submit an adoption agreement. You’ll be notified upon approval, and we will schedule a time for you to bring your new family member home.
Are there any adoption requirements?
We require you to submit a pre-adoption application as well as meet the pet. In addition, we charge an adoption fee, which is $60 for cats and $90 for dogs.
How to avoid picking the wrong pet?
We require you to meet with the rescue pet and his/her foster parent prior to adoption to ensure a perfect match. Multiple visits can be scheduled to ensure a good fit. We also are willing to conduct a foster-to-adopt period. For more information on this program, ask us about it.
Vet Q&A: Are pets for adoption healthy?
Generally, yes. However, many of our animals come into our care as strays, some do have special medical needs. We encourage you to read your prospective pet’s bio to learn about any of his/her special needs. We also cannot guarantee the health of the pet after you take them into your home. We are rescuing pets that do not come with any background history.
Before you begin, please read.
To be considered an adopter you must…
- Be 18 years of age or older, employed, and financially able to become a pet owner.
- If you rent your home, you must have consent from your landlord to have a pet.
- All other family pets must be spayed or neutered, if they are 6 months or older, unless there are medical reasons for not doing so. They must also be current on vaccinations.
- You must agree have a home visit done by one of our volunteers. We will need to see the area of the home where the animal will be allowed. All members of the family must be present, including current pets. If distance becomes an issue (e.g. we are not able to find volunteers in your location) we will require three additional references. We will notify you immediately in this situation.
You must also agree to the following conditions:
- Agree to spay/neuter the animal as the age limit approaches, with one of our sterilization options.
- Be able and willing to spend time/money necessary to provide training, medical treatments and proper care for the entire lifetime of the animal.
- Provide the animal a collar and name tag to be worn at all times.
- Follow all leash restrictions of your community.